How to apply
NOTE: Professional Practice Placement is over two years
For more information on the course Click here
To apply please fill in the following application, Click here to open form and fill in and click SUBMIT and return to the college by the 7th of September 12 mid day
Any questions Email firstname.lastname@example.org or
Stage 1 (Level 5 certificate)
- 5C21523:- Professional Practice Placements in Early Learning and Care:- The purpose of this module is to equip the learner with knowledge, skills and competence to work in a professional capacity under supervision, to understand the role of an Early Learning and Care professional and the importance of Personal and Professional Development in the ELC World. The learner will learn how to engage in Professional Development Planning, Research skills, Academic Writing skills, Digital skills and Interview skills. They will also work under supervision demonstrating the required competence, values and work practices to build reciprocal, responsive and respectful working relationships with all stakeholders in the best interest of babies, toddlers and young children.
- 5C21524: Children’s Rights, Legislation and Regulation:- The purpose of this module is to introduce learners to Children’s Rights such as the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, Essential Legislation and Constitutional Protections for Children, Regulations, as well as Frameworks such as Aistear and Siolta, enabling them to work effectively under direction with children, their families and all stakeholders within a range of ELC settings. The Learner will learn how to, for example, explore the rights of children and their families as underpinned by national and international developments in order to inform best practice, review of experiences that promote children’s holistic development, and identify current child protection legislation.
- 5C21526: Early Childhood Growth and Development:- The purpose of this module is to introduce learners to growth and development in early childhood, linking theory with practice to support holistic development and inclusive learning. Learners will learn how to explain the main stages and patterns of holistic child development from 0-6 years, outline a range of theories of child development and learning, describe factors that may influence or impact a child’s development and learning, explore the contribution of families and other adults to the development and learning of the child, carry out observations informed by principles of child development in consultation with stakeholders to support programme planning in line with current legislation guidelines and frameworks.
- 5C21527: Curriculum, Play and Creative Studies:- The purpose of this module is to equip the learner with knowledge, skills and competence to engage with curricular approaches, through mediums of play and creative opportunities, encompassing diversity, identity and cultural contexts within the world of Early Years Education. The learner will learn how to facilitate creative opportunities such as art, music and drama as well as plan experiences and activities with regard to the age and development of the child.
- 5C21528: Understanding and Assisting Children with Additional Needs:- The purpose of this module is to provide the learner with an introduction to the knowledge and skills relevant to the theory and practice of inclusive education and care of children with additional needs in the early learning and care (ELC) setting, looking at the rights of children with additional needs and those of their families and relevant legislation and best practice guidelines. The Learner will learn how to create an accessible, inclusive experience for the child with additional needs in the ELC setting in line with best practice guidelines and framework, Explore the importance of working as part of a team, as well as engage in reflective practice.
- 5C21525: Holistic Care of Children (birth to six yrs):- The purpose of this module is to provide the learner with knowledge, skills and competence required for the holistic care, wellbeing, safety and health of babies, toddlers and young children in the ELC setting, through a balance of theory and hands on practical skills needed for ELC. The Learner will learn how to explain the key care routines, Implement a range of practice skills to provide for the care, health, wellbeing and safety of babies, toddlers and young children in ELC as well as apply the relevant legislation, regulations, frameworks, policies and procedures which impact the holistic well-being of children in their care