Permaculture Gardening and Sustainability: A Holistic Approach
Mon: 7.00-9.00pm • Duration: 8 weeks
Tuition Fee: €110
Commencement Date: Monday 26th February 2024
NOTE: This course will be delivered online
Why this course?
Embark on a journey of sustainable abundance with our course, “Permaculture Gardening and Sustainability: A Holistic Approach.” Discover the art of cultivating gardens that thrive in harmony with nature. Learn how to reduce external inputs, optimize waste utilization, and embrace whole systems thinking, all through the lens of permaculture principles—Earth Care, People Care, and Fair Share. This course provides practical insights into seed saving, fostering resilient communities, and delves into the vital soil food web. Uncover the secrets of composting, from wormeries to the Johnson Reactor, as you build fertility and create a self-sustaining haven. Join us in fostering a holistic, regenerative approach to gardening that not only nurtures the land but also sustains and nourishes us all.
- Looking at our gardens / allotment / Farms through the lens of permaculture.
- Examining how we can reduce the external inputs and make the most of wastes form our home and garden to feed our plants and ourselves.
- Looking at the wider perspective and whole systems thinking. Its all connected.
- Earth Care, People Care and Fair Share
- Examine the importance of Seed Saving in building resilient communities .
- Looking at tips and practical tools for local seedsaving.
The Soil Food Web.
- Looking at the importance of the soil food web for the health of our plants and quality of our food.
- Building fertility and reducing inputs. Expanding our perspective and understanding of the life in our soil and how is the foundation of life above the soil.
How composting works.
- Practical methods for composting.
- Looking at wormeries, garden composting and su Johnson Reactor.
- Building fertility through highly biologically diverse compost and compost extracts.